Applications Support Engineers
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Applications Support Engineers
Closing date: midnight, 2nd May 2017
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and has the responsibility to promote and develop the game at all levels from grassroots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams.
To support, maintain and develop The FA’s bespoke football administration applications. The role will bridge the gap between the support and development functions, ensuring that the applications are operating as they should. Working within the Application Support Team, the role requires collaboration with other teams within Service Delivery to ensure the high availability of all applications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Thoroughly investigate tickets logged by the service desk and provide users with regular updates, all call updates should be informative, succinct and accurate
- Split time 50-50 between support and development, help develop and release bug fixes and application enhancements.
- Logging bugs where development work is required (either in house or via third party), ensuring all relevant information such as recreation steps and a technical analysis of the issue is included.
- Unit test bug fixes and enhancements ensuring they have met the requirements of the user prior to deployment.
- Proactively monitor the applications status, ensuring any alerts raised by our monitoring tool Solarwinds are investigated. Escalate to infrastructure teams where required.
- Update the teams knowledgebase where required with information about known issues and workarounds. Also update where new enhancements and functionality has been introduced.
- Must be customer-service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and take initiative to resolve problems.
- Degree educated in ideally an IT or mathematics discipline
- Experienced in working in a busy 2nd line applications support role
- An understanding of The ITIL Service Management Framework at Foundation Level or Higher
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS for website troubleshooting
- Basic website editing and administration, preferably using Sitecore
- Experience in debugging SQL queries (MS SQL Server)
- Familiar with application servers and a basic understanding of IIS and website configuration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 7) and internet browsers and troubleshooting compatibility issues
- CRM Dynamics 2011 or 2013, knowledge would be beneficial but not essential
This is a full time role based at Wembley Stadium. A competitive salary and attractive benefits are on offer for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.