Digital Engagement Product Manager
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Digital Engagement Product Manager
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: midnight, Thursday 4th May 2017
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
The FA is embarking on a progressive programme to modernise its offering to the millions of fans, players and enablers of English football.
Digital Engagement is at the heart of this & this role will be pivotal in achieving this goal. The Digital Engagement programme is a major investment for The FA working alongside a leading digital technology supplier.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the delivery of engaging, informative and innovative digital experiences for all target audience personas.
- Manage the day to day implementation of the long-term Digital Engagement Programme product roadmap, with strong input into weekly and monthly planning and update meetings
- Be the point person for the supplier’s product owners/business analysts to develop the key insights and success criteria for the digital products in the DEP.
- Recognise the need and lead with the Customer Insight team the generation of new insights as required.
- Use analytical evaluation to support product development.
- Leverage best practise examples to deliver excellent customer experience (UX/UI) primarily for mobile-led products.
- Facilitate the internal stakeholder requirements from across the organisation gathering and prioritising them whilst communicating clearly to all stakeholders.
- Be the FA lead working with the external organisation to develop User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for all products.
- Quality control (via Show & Tell) the development of the digital products from a user experience and FA stakeholder perspective.
- Lead, from an FA perspective, the development of a suitable test plan to garner feedback and insights on the digital products during the development process and prior to and post MVP release.
- Support the subsequent backlog prioritisation and planning and related testing and delivery.
The successful candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge of digital development methodologies and processes
- Product management experience for mass-consumer digital products.
- Proven experience managing complex initiatives end to end, from strategy through to operational delivery and initiative scaling.
- Experience working through matrix organisations and across business/IT functions.
- Managing external agencies a must.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop strategy, business plans, customers and market insights
- Agile experience in managing product backlog and prioritising decisions to meet product objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Scrum certification for product owner
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter