- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing date: midnight, 4th May 2017 - Interview date: w/c 15th May 2017
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
The role requires the operative to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Legal & Governance and Player Status & Refereeing Divisions under the guidance of the Divisions Personal Assistant. A key area of administrative support you will need to provide is to The FA’s Company Secretary.
Candidates should have strong administrative skills with the ability to multitask, prioritise work load as well as being able to confidently make decisions where appropriate. Being able to keep to deadlines is an integral part of the role.
Desirable qualities would be someone who has previously worked within an administrative football (or sporting) background or experience as a Company Secretarial Assistant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide effective day to day administration support to the two divisions and their teams, showing initiative and anticipation.
- Assisting the Company Secretary with Statutory Registers in Blueprint OneWorld, The FA’s Charitable Trust and processing long service and Centenary Award applications.
- Assisting the Divisional PA with compiling and distribution of FA Council agendas and on occasion other Board/Committee agendas.
- Ensure that all the administration systems are maintained, online and hard copy filing.
- Manage and distribute communications and enquiries received to appropriate staff including calls, e-mails, and documentation.
- Handle confidential information such as Charges, Transcripts, Legal contracts and other sensitive information with integrity.
- Organise logistics of meetings i.e. booking meeting rooms, catering. On a small and larger scale.
- Process travel and accommodation requests, in line with FA procedures.
- Work collaboratively on relevant departmental and divisional projects with colleagues as required.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external partners by acting as a point of contact.
- Raise Purchase Orders and process expenses for the division(s) helping the Division PA with coordinating budget.
- To relieve the Division’s PA of workload as and when required.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in an administrator role
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience in handling sensitive information with discretion,
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deal confidently with people in senior executive and non-executive positions.
- Being able to demonstrate the ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Good interpersonal skills (including tact, integrity, confidentiality)
- Excellent IT skills, high level of experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Quick to learn and a proactive approach to work
- Experience of working in a football or sporting environment – understanding the structure of football would be of benefit.
- Knowledge and understanding of purchase ordering system
- Knowledge of Legal (Co Sec Assistant) duties
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Please note that we have a cap on applications for this role and reserve the right to close the advert before the stated closing date (midnight, 4th May 2017). If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an application as soon as possible.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter