Senior Public Affairs Manager
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Senior Public Affairs Manager
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
The role holder will lead The FA’s relationship with Government and enhance the reputation of The FA politically. Building credibility and trust amongst all political stakeholders, combating possible regulatory interference and seeking improved financial and other support from the public sector.
Key responsibilities will include;
- To influence public policy outcomes; preventing regulatory interference and seeking improved public policy outcomes for sport and/or football.
- To provide access to and maintain positive relationships with key decision makers across Government departments, Government, Local Government, Parliament and wider stakeholders.
- To lead The FA’s external public affairs engagement activity and promote The FA’s work amongst all political stakeholders.
- To oversee the work of the Wembley Public Affairs manager in creating and delivering a local public affairs and community engagement plan.
- To oversee The FA’s CSR and charitable programmes.
- To ensure that the Strategy Division is thoroughly briefed as and when required on relevant domestic, international and football stakeholder, political and policy developments.
- To brief, and make recommendations to, the Chairman, Board, Chief Executive and Senior Management Team on public affairs issues.
- To provide support and advice for the Chairman and CEO’s office; including responding to public and corporate affair inquiries.
- To liaise across The FA Group in clarifying FA policy positions.
- To liaise with Government departments and internal stakeholders in providing consultation responses and influencing consultation outcomes.
- To support the strategic co-ordination function for The FA on behalf of the Director of Strategy and Communications, delivering specific strategic projects for the organisation.
- To represent The FA and be the day to day contact for key external relationships.
- Extensive experience of working in politics and/or public affairs advocacy.
- Experience of leading high profile campaigns.
- Experience of working with and access to decision makers within Parliament and Whitehall
- Experience and/or understanding of the football industry
- Knowledgeable about football and The FA
- Interest and potentially working experience in international relations and equality, diversity and inclusion.
What we can offer
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate
The closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 4th May 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.