- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing date: midnight, 31st May 2017
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We are passionate about making football accessible ‘For All’, made possible by talented people across a variety of business areas.
We have big ambitions. Ensuring The Emirates FA Cup, which provides fans across the country with memories that will last a lifetime, remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be two world-class venues we are proud to call home and achieving success with each of our 24 national sides are all among our objectives.
Overview of the role:
To work proactively with the Head Groundsperson and other members of the Grounds team to maintain and prepare the Wembley pitch to the highest standard for all events hosted by the stadium.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and prepare the pitch to relevant universal playing standards for all codes of sport hosted by Wembley as agreed by bodies such as FA, UEFA, IRB, NFL and FIFA
- Maintain surface to agreed standards by adhering to pre defined maintenance programs developed in conjunction with industry consultants
- Maintain all pitch equipment in line with manufactures standards to ensure optimum operation at all times
- In conjunction with the events team work with event owners to manage all pitch related logistics (line marking, deployment of pitch protection, scheduling of rehearsals, etc)
- Work with Pitch Contractors to reinstate pitch as dictated by the event calendar
- Deploy lighting rigs and fertiliser program as requested by Head Groundsman
- Operate all WNSL grounds machinery to maintain the pitch to the highest standardsExecutes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Member of Institute of Groundsmen with relevant qualification in sports turf management
- Demonstrated experience working on international multi use sports pitches
- Excellent knowledge of pitch maintenance equipment (cylinder mowers, under soil healing sub air system, etc)
- Display an understanding of different turf and synthetic surface including soil types and drainage
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Relevant technical qualification e.g. Iog level 2/3 / city & guilds
- General Football and Rugby Knowledge
- COSHH qualification preferred
- Relevant Health & Safety qualification preferred
- Hold NPTC accreditation PA1, PA2 and PA6
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.