Referee Development Officer - FTC until 30/06/19 (Essex FA) Ref: RDO-EFA
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Referee Development Officer (Essex FA)
FTC until 30th June 2019
- Support the delivery of the Essex FA Business Plan and its National Game targets
- Manage recruitment and development programmes for Referees that maximise coverage of affiliated League and Cups fixtures.
- Develop inclusive recruitment strategies for Referees that increases the proportion of BAME and female Referees.
- Provide support for Safeguarding Children and Young People programmes and policies
- To work with key partners to enhance the support and guidance to the referee workforce
- Develop and implement effective recruitment and retention strategies for referees that deliver County FA Key Performance Indicators
- Lead and support the volunteer Referee Development Team in the delivery of referee development initiatives
- Provide a range of learning and development opportunities for the referee workforce including; practical training and development, mentoring, seminars and on-line learning opportunities.
- Implement strategies to increase the proportion of active BAME and female Referees
- Provide support and guidance to the County FA Inclusion Advisory Group
- Manage the system of identifying young referees to develop within the Referee Academy and the FA CORE programme.
- Support with the development of Referee Observers, Tutors, Mentors, Coaches and other workforce volunteers
- Support the management of the online registration process for Referee registration
- Work with Football Development Officers to support League and Club development programmes and Recreational football opportunities
- Work with the Governance Manager and County Welfare Officer to ensure an effective and efficient football discipline process
- Provide Administrative support to the Senior Referee Development Officer
- Provide appropriate guidance to Referees to ensure individuals complete the necessary FA Safeguarding Children and DBS requirements
- Experience of Refereeing and /or Referee Development
- Knowledge of the Laws of The Game
- Demonstrate an understanding of inclusion, equality and anti – discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Ability to work flexibly and sometimes unsociable hours
- Experience in working with a volunteer workforce
- Good communication skills (written and visual presentations)
- Diplomacy and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential information
- Full Driving Licence
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check to ensure their suitability for the role.
A full job description and personal specification can be downloaded at www.essexfa.com. Applications, in the form of a completed Job Application pack should be sent marked ‘Private & Confidential – RDO’ to Mr James Lisher, Senior Referee Development Officer, Essex FA, The County Office, Springfield Lyons Approach, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5LB or Email: James.Lisher@EssexFA.com
Closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 28th June 2017 with interviews scheduled shortly after on Thursday 6th July 2017.
Essex FA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy