England Women's National Specialist Coach x 2 Ref: EWNSC
- Role location
- St George's Park, near Burton upon Trent
- Type of contract
- Full Time
The Football Association
England Women’s National Specialist Coach x 2
Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent
Win the World Cups in 2022 and 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the England International Youth Pathway is integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
- Reporting to a National Youth Head Coach you will work as a National Specialist Coach delivering team tactical and technical components as well as supporting the implementation of the England ‘DNA’ including the playing, technical, talent identification and performance strategies to optimise the England Women’s player pathway.
- You will work with the Head of Women’s Performance and other National Coaches to enhance and influence the development of young English female players contributing to the overall National Team Strategy to build winning teams and develop the women’s talent pathway
- You must be an outstanding technical and tactical coach and will support the delivery of team tactical and individual technical components enabling the creation of an inspirational learning experience for players and competitive advantages to the Women’s Talent Pathway
- You will be required to foster and promote a cohesive multidisciplinary environment and the development of players, squads, staff and results based upon agreed team objectives from the England development pathway. You will create a high performance culture promoting an open exchange of views, high levels of challenge and the celebration of success.
- You will contribute to the development of detailed short, medium and long term plans for all international events with excellent preparation and review phases and you will have an excellent track record of developing players.
- In collaboration with the other FA staff, you will be asked to help develop detailed positional role profiles, develop in and out of possession metrics and statistics which facilitate the tracking of team (system) and individual player (event) performance and player feedback.
- An essential part of the role is the development and maintenance of close, mutually beneficial working relationships with Regional Talent Clubs and WSL Clubs through a structured club visit and engagement programme.
You will be an outstanding football coach with a track record of consistent and successful development of female players, elite coaches and multidisciplinary staff in a WSL club or other elite environment. You will possess an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the women’s elite game. Your ability to demonstrate inspirational on and off field delivery using a variety of methods and approaches is a real strength as is your deep knowledge of technical and tactical components of successful team sport strategies, tactics and techniques.
With minimum qualifications of the UEFA A Licence, you may also even hold the UEFA Pro-Diploma, the FA Youth Award or have a teaching or tutoring qualification. You are a member of the Licenced Coaches Club and have strong evidence of continued professional development throughout your career.
As an excellent role model, you will bring energy and positivity to the role, and, thriving under pressure always recover from setbacks quickly, an excellent relationship builder, you will already have an extensive professional coaching network in the women’s game. You will enjoy building relationships with different groups of people and you can influence internally and externally to achieve your goals. A meticulous planner, you will be comfortable translating your vision into goals and deliverables which you take great pride in delivering on and off the pitch. Communication will be a stand out strength in all forms, allowing you to get your message across clearly at all times.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please get in touch.
To apply please follow the link below.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 29th June 2017.
Please note that final interviews will be held on the 24th/25th July 2017.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy