Tournaments Coordinator (FTC until July 2020) Ref: TC-2020
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Tournaments Coordinator (FTC until July 2020)
Closing date: midnight, 21st August 2017
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
The post holder will assist in the successful delivery of 2 high profile international events through the provision of support and coordination to the delivery teams across the events. This will involve administrative assistance but also the undertaking specific projects within of delivery of the tournaments to ensure they are delivered in a connected and collaborative manner.
- The UEFA U17 European Championship is the elite annual final tournament for age group National teams and was awarded following a successful bid process in 2015. It will see 16 teams participate across 31 matches in England in May 2018.
- Contested every four years, the UEFA European Championship has been showcasing the continent's top talent since its inception as the UEFA European Nations Cup in 1960. UEFA EURO 2020 will celebrate 60 years of the tournament and is being played across 13 host countries and cities for the first time, culminating with London and Wembley hosting both semi-finals and the showpiece Final.
What you’ll be doing:
- As part of the Local Organising Structure for both tournaments, you will be a central point of contact for all tournament matters, holding responsibility for a range of coordination and administrative duties including all stakeholder communications and coordination of meetings
- Responsible for the organisation of UEFA site visits, including travel arrangements, room bookings as well as scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Responsible for overseeing the processing and payment of project costs and invoices and maintaining accurate budgets.
- In addition to providing general support to the LOS staff, the right candidate will have the opportunity and desire to take on additional responsibilities within the project and play a key role in the delivery of the tournaments. This will include managing a range of projects potentially including tournament accommodation, transport and team services.
- To be the central point of contact for UEFA colleagues regarding all aspects of the tournament administration and maintain relations with the UEFA Events and Competitions Teams.
- Assist in the delivery of both tournaments in line the bid document and UEFA’s operational principles, to deliver exceptional tournaments in line with The FA’s aims and objectives and on budget.
Who we are looking for:
- Strong organisation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experienced coordinator with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Self-starting coordinator comfortable with being a central point of contact for processing and disseminating important and sensitive information
- Motivated and passionate with experience of working within sporting events
- Approachable and proactive attitude to solving issues
- A desire to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility.
- Excellent MS Office skills
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy