UEFA U17 Championship 2018 Venue Manager (FTC until June 2018) Ref: VM-2018
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
UEFA U17 Championship 2018 Venue Manager (FTC until June 2018)
Closing date: midnight, 21st August 2017
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
This role will play a key part in the organisation of UEFA U17 European Championship 2018, with the primary responsibility for the delivery of the match stadiums and training grounds in line with UEFA requirements. The UEFA U17 European Championship is the elite annual final tournament for age group National teams and was awarded following a successful bid process in 2015. It will see 16 teams participate across 31 matches in England in May 2018.
What you’ll be doing:
- To manage the relationships with the six participating stadium and three training ground owners
- Management and delivery of the stadium and training ground contracts on behalf of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) and UEFA
- Work with UEFA to establish the stadium overlay requirements in all areas including broadcast, medical, media, team areas, match officials, VIP areas etc
- Financial responsibility for all stadium activities including match costs and renovations
- Oversee any renovation work required to stadiums and implementation of clean venue principle and tournament branding
- Establish and implement the stadium set up at each of the 6 venues in line with UEFA requirements
- Define and implement protocol, entertainment and ceremony procedures and requirements including match countdowns, flag bearers, ball boys etc
- Appoint and manage the match directors
- To work with The FA security and medical teams to devise and deliver concepts at all venues in line with UEFA tournament regulations
- Assist the Tournament Director and Tournament Manager as required on events including all UEFA and Team site visits, the Final Draw and HQ set up.
- Work with the training venue owners to implement UEFA and team requirements in terms of equipment, resources and pitch allocation planning
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with key staff at each of the host stadiums, training venues, The FA and UEFA
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in event management
- Understanding of stadiums for international matches
- Experience of leading on projects and working to tight deadlines
- Experience working with international teams and their requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and cost management
- Good track record of building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy