Hospitality and Events Manager - 12 month fixed term contract Ref: SEM
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Hospitality and Events Manager – 12 month fixed term contract
Deadline – Midnight Sunday 24th September 2017
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and has the responsibility to promote and develop the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International team. Wembley Stadium is a 90,000 capacity multi-purpose venue that hosts events such as England Senior Men’s international’s, FA Cup Final, NFL International Series, Rugby League Challenge cup Final, large scale concerts plus many more events.
- Management and delivery of all FA Protocol requirements in the Wembley Suite.
- Management, or acting in an advisory capacity depending on scale of event, of FA Protocol requirements at events away from Wembley Stadium.
- Operational delivery on behalf of all other Event Owners of the Wembley Suite Operation on Stadium event days.
- To support the Senior Hospitality and Events Manager in full management of the Wembley Suite on FA bowl events.
- Liaise with Delaware North Companies regarding the delivery of special events, advising where appropriate and ensuring compliance with relevant WNSL procedures.
- Produce and distribute timely and accurate event information where required.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met and safe working practises are adhered in relation to Special Event and Event Owner area delivery.
- Co-ordinate with internal departments, contractors and statutory agencies (as appropriate) to ensure adequate resourcing (including build up and breakdown) for event owner hospitality.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Benchmarking of the Wembley Suite against other comparable operations to ensure best practice and delivery
to ensure it becomes ‘the place to be’ and best of its kind.
- Management of all guests lists, fulfilment and protocol requirements liaising with other departments as appropriate
- Produce and maintain a Wembley Suite event day operational guidelines document.
- Full operational and delivery management of the Wembley Suite and Reception Room operations including liaison with Event Management and Crowd Safety for all Stadium Bowl events.
- To support the Club Wembley operational team as required within the wider Club Wembley operations.
• Manage or act in an advisory capacity, as required, on FA Protocol requirements for non-Wembley related FA events.
• Lead operational contact for The FA Protocol Committee at both Wembley and non-Wembley FA events if required.
• To chair, if required, a full de-brief following each event and produce action points, including a report to The FA Protocol Committee on FA events.
- Significant experience of commercial operations in the leisure and/ or entertainment sector.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Experience of minimising and reducing conflict.
- Experience of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience co-ordinating across a range of diverse hospitality events.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and are interested in applying, please follow the prompts below.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy