Referee Coordinator Ref: RC-17
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing date: midnight, 26th September 2017
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
The post-holder will ensure that the department’s business is efficiently and effectively carried out which includes providing administrative support for departmental systems and processes for match officials operating in FA Competitions, internationals, and semi-professional football. They will provide support to the implementation of the refereeing department Communications and Public Relations strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Appoint & Administer the Match Official appointments to the FA Sunday Cup and FA Women’s Cup.
- Provide administrative support to the appointment of English match officials to international fixtures and for referees and associated refereeing staff for international matches staged in England.
- Organise, co-ordinate and administer refereeing training events, refereeing department meetings and match official fitness tests.
- Support the implementation of the refereeing department Communications and Public Relations strategy.
- Source, create, and distribute communication highlighting positive refereeing initiatives to refereeing key stakeholders and the wider footballing fraternity
- Provide administrative support for the Women’s Super League and Women’s Premier League appointment officer(s), match officials and clubs including arrangements for development days and day to day enquiries.
- Provide helpdesk support for the Match Official Administration System (MOAS)
- Professional Game Refereeing Proactis Officer - Arrange payment to creditors and invoicing debtors pertaining to senior refereeing expenses and services.
- Provide administrative support for all FA Competition appointments.
- Act as Referee Liaison Officer for the FA Sunday and Women’s Cup Finals and international, U21, international youth tournaments, and international club matches played in England.
- To provide effective support for Referee Appointment Officers, Observer Co-ordinators & Referee Coaches – shows initiative in pressurised situations
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and interest in English Football across all levels of the game
- Good knowledge of English Geography
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy