Talent Identification Manager - Women Ref: TIM-W
- Role location
- St George's Park, near Burton upon Trent
- Type of contract
- Full Time
The Football Association
Talent Identification Manager - Women
Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent
Win the World Cup in 2022 and 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
The England Women’s Talent Identification manager – is responsible for assisting with the England Women’s talent identification systems, processes and philosophies in line with the England DNA. To ensure consistency and maximising use of technology to give England women teams the best chance of winning by identifying future talent.
- To create and develop a sustainable Talent ID strategy for the women’s performance pathway
- To work with the FA Head of Talent ID and the Head of Women’s PlayerDevelopment & Talent to implement a player profiling system in which talent ID is driven from and that is aligned to the England DNA
- Contribute to the definition of the core characteristics of winning england players at all levels
- Aggregation, analysis, presentation & maintenance of player profiles using information from all departments and external source to include the creation of depth charts and other visualisations of player status
- Coordinate the allocation of Player reporters (PR’s) to live observation of targeted players in alignment with the depth chart and key positions of emphasis
- Ensure the development and maintenance of appropriate technical skills in PR’s to ensure the consistent, valid production of player reports and data from live observations
- Contribute to the design and delivery of on-camp assessment processes to enable valid, consistent assessment of all player characteristics
- Lead the operational delivery of the player auditing process
- Be the key source for liaison and exchange of information for coaches on all players and provide the appropriate levels of challenge and support to ensure an excellent selection and ongoing development process
- Liaise with peers in clubs to ensure a consistent exchange of key information on prospective and current players
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of research projects and other supporting projects which support the future direction of TID
- To develop and maximise technology and modern approaches to identifying, measuring and tracking talented players
- Co-ordination of England Talent ID across youth and senior England teams in conjunction with the National Coaches and the Head of Player Development & Talent
- Co-ordination of domestic Talent ID both inside and outside of the FA Girls England Talent Pathway.
- To assist with the design and delivery of all educational content in relation to Talent Identification and Recruitment for appropriate delivery into the women’s game.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate technology projects to support TID
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Demonstrable experience of managing a sporting talent id/ scouting/ recruitment programme.
- A proven track record in Talent identification in team sports
- Knowledge of player/athlete development milestones and challenges
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the Women’s Youth Development
- Experience of writing and presenting educational content backed up with evidence. Sound understanding of use of technology in talent identification field
- IT and modern approaches to benchmarking, measuring and tracking players
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please apply via the link below. Please note that applications made via email will not be accepted – please apply via the link below.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Kay Cossington, Head of Player Development & Talent – Kay.Cossington@Thefa.com
The deadline for applications is midnight, 4th October 2017. The assessment day will take place in October 2017.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy