Social Media Apprentice Ref: SMA-17
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Social Media Apprentice - FA Apprenticeship Programme 2017/18
Closing date for applications: midnight, 28th September 2017. Please note that early closure may occur so please submit an application as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.
Start date: As soon as possible
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We are passionate about making football accessible ‘For All’, made possible by talented people across a variety of business areas.
We have big ambitions. Ensuring The Emirates FA Cup, which provides fans across the country with memories that will last a lifetime, remains the world’s premier cup competition; that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be two world-class venues we are proud to call home, and achieving success with each of our 24 national sides are all among our objectives.
Why you should apply:
We see our apprenticeship programme as a gateway into a career at The FA, and moreover, an opportunity to gain experience in a real job within a multifaceted organisation. From day one, you will be involved in a range of projects which are vital to the development and success of English football; you will quickly learn how our business works and gain skills that will both kick start your career, and help you to achieve your ambitions in years to come. Your professional and personal development is important to us, and we are committed to supporting your on-the-job training alongside your formal qualifications. If you are looking for a challenging apprenticeship within a progressive, motivating and supportive environment, the Football Association is the place for you.
What you’ll be doing:
You will work with the social media team to inspire and innovate on our social media channels for:
The Emirates FA Cup
Twitter: @Lionesses, @FAWSL, @SSEWomensFACup,, @Lionesses
Instagram: @Lionesses, @FAWSL
- Assist the team in managing an active presence on our social channels, including posting content and responding to customers, fans and influencers
- Learn and use new social media tool
- Support the Social Media Producer with the editorial calendar for certain channels, including planning, ideation, curation, execution & reporting
- Drive engagement through assisting with social content production across a variety of platforms and channels
- Attendance at key matches/events to support live tweeting and fan engagement
- Provide social reports for key moments in time i.e. England matches, Lionness games, People’s Cup finals etc.
- Provide understanding and insight into youth culture and trends to the rest of the team
- Work with other apprentices across the organisation to understand what they do and seek out stories that could be shared to our audiences
Who we are looking for:
While you will need at least three A-Levels (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, we are looking for you to have standout interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills, with a level of drive and motivation that sets you apart from others. Our values are extremely important to us, and we expect you to be an ambassador of these. You may be surprised to know that being a football fan is not a prerequisite of working for the FA. What’s more important is your passion, interest and commitment to the varied work that we do, and the objectives that we are aiming to achieve.
- Please note that applications from candidates with degree level qualifications will not be accepted (Level 6/7).
- This will be a 1 year contract from October 2017-September 2018.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy