Women's Leagues Officer - FA WPL Ref: WLO
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Women’s Leagues Officer – FA WPL
Closing date: midnight, 28th September 2017
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
The post-holder will manage, administer and provide operations support for The FA Women’s Premier League fulfilling the role of League Secretary.
What you’ll be doing:
- League Management Committee - To effective administer The FA WPL Management Committee producing agenda packs, information, minutes and action points.
- AGMs, SGMs, Club Meetings – To manage and deliver league meetings as required including arranging logistics, producing agenda packs, minute taking and action points.
- League Sanctioning – Manage the sanctioning of the league through Whole Game System
- Player Registration & Fixtures - To provide and manage through the Whole Game System / FullTime system; Player registrations including checking accuracy of information i.e. DoB & U18 parental consent, administering transfers and international clearance;The fixture programme including initial scheduling and rescheduling due to County Cup, FA Cup and weather related postponements; Locking of FullTime results on Monday. Checking to ensure all clubs have submitted team sheets and statistics within the required 3 days. Locking of stats on Wednesdays. Creation of report for Discipline Officer of any clubs missing deadlines.
- MOAS – checking of the weekly MOAS reports for each fixture and following up any actions required for example – facilities issues, kick of time issues.
- Cup Finals - To lead, in collaboration with The Women’s Leagues Manager, on the organisation and delivery of the following matches – FA WPL Cup Final, FA WPL Plate Final, FA WPL Reserve Cup Final and FA WPL Championship Play- Off.
- Handbook – To develop and deliver The FA WPL handbook at the start of each season. Collate and distribute updates on a monthly basis.
- Club Correspondence – To circulate and co-ordinate communication to and from Clubs across The FA WPL regarding the League and Cup competitions and FA initiatives and updates.
- League Development Plan – in conjunction with the Women’s Leagues Manager create and deliver the league development plan.
- General Club Enquires – responding to club queries in a timely manner, and wherever possible, within three working days.
- FA WPL Promotion to FA WSL – support the Women’s Football Clubs Manager in the administration of the process of promotion to FA WSL.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
Who we are looking for:
- Experience of administration processes and procedures including writing reports and minute taking
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience of establishing data collection systems
- Experience of league / competition administration Event management skills
- Knowledge of the FA Women's Football Strategy and organisations within girls and women's football
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy