Wembley Park Lead Interface Project Manager Ref: WPM17
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Wembley Park Lead Interface Project Manager
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Mid night Sunday 22nd October 2017
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and has the responsibility to promote and develop the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game.
Wembley Stadium is a 90,000 capacity multi-purpose venue that hosts events such as England Senior Men’s internationals, The FA Cup Final, NFL International Series, Rugby League Challenge cup Final and large scale concerts plus many more events.
Overview of the role:
Wembley Park and the area surrounding Wembley Stadium is undergoing huge investment and transformation. Planned works include a unique combination of housing, community space and attractions.
The role holder will be the principal interface between the Stadium and Quintain (the owners of Wembley Park), and will also play a key role in interfaces with other stakeholders including the London Borough of Brent. The role holder will ensure the Football Association’s operational and commercial interests are protected from, and enhanced by, emerging development whist ensuring the highest levels of customer experience and crowd safety are maintained.
Key responsibilities include:
· Coordinate and manage all interactions between WNS/The FA and Quintain/Wembley Park. Represent WNS/FA and ensure their interests are protected at all times.
· Be the primary contact for all planning, issues resolution and presentations/proposals and ensure these are recorded, communicated, tracked and resolved successfully. Analyse the information and share with relevant stakeholders, ensuring the key points and actions are made clear.
· Lead, attend, and arrange as necessary meetings with relevant parties. Complete all preparatory work to ensure the meetings are efficient and that key decisions and action points are accurately recorded and agreed.
· Facilitate and lead the internal Steering and Approvals Group ensuring priority issues are raised, recommendations are made and decisions are actioned.
· Obtain business approval for the expenditure associated with any professional advice and/or projects. Support others as required in obtaining their business approvals.
· Work with the Internal/External Communications team to prepare any messaging ensuring stakeholders are aware of developments and activities which will effect them, and further to ensure the integrity and reputation of the Stadium / Football Association is preserved.
· Monitor and manage the handover/handback of space pre and post events.
· Support Commercial/Legal negotiations and agreements. Deliver an enduring agreement between the Stadium and Quintain.
What we are looking for:
· Ability to prioritise; identifying and resolving the key/critical issues.
· Ability to map/plan dependencies and consequential effects of decisions.
· Excellent, robust, communication and influencing skills.
· Excellent relationship builder – empathetic, collaborative. Robust but not adversarial.
· Excellent problem solver; pragmatic, practical and able to demonstrate vision.
· Experienced in Property Development – planning, construction, phasing, monitoring.
· Experienced in Event Operations – scheduling, planning, crowd safety, SAG, licensing, spectator experience.
· Experienced in Commercial – partner agreements, retail, activation, ambush, branding.
· Experienced in Legal agreements.
· Experienced in Communications.
The Football Association promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy