Women's Lead Physical Performance Pathway Coach (3 year contract) Ref: WPC17
- Role location
- Home based
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
The Football Association
Women’s Lead Physical Performance Pathway Coach
Win the World Cup in 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
The post holder will lead and deliver appropriate physical performance & nutrition service to the England Women’s pathway which supports the coaching process, talent identification & provides performance advantages through optimal physical preparation of players and teams. They will deliver of world leading physical performance coaching when required to pathway staff and players.
- Assist in the development of an overall pathway strategy for physical performance & nutrition which encompasses best practice in all aspects of physical preparation as the key aim for development
- Lead the operational delivery of physical performance support services to the Women’s development pathway including RTCs, ACC’s, regional and national camps
- Support the development of the physical components of the England player profile
- Support the delivery of key internal and external research projects which underpin future player development which are aligned to England’s PPC philosophy
- Delivery of physical performance coaching and planning to the Women’s pathway players and teams as required
- Close working relationships with Women’s national physical performance coaches and support staff to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach at all times and alignment to the overall England PPC philosophy
- Close working relationships with peers in the pathway to enable knowledge of and management of pathway players
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of organisations and individuals outside football with whom to share and develop best practice
- Recruitment, development and retention of Physical Performance Coaches and related services for the women’s pathway
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or a related discipline
- Relevant professional body accreditation (e.g. UKSCA, BASES, NSCA CSCS)
- Extensive experience in delivering physical performance coaching in elite sport
- Outstanding academic and applied knowledge contemporary practice in physical performance development
- Strategic management and planning
- Track record of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching teams
- Excellent practical delivery
- Prove delivery of operational planning
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please follow the instructions below.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 10th December 2017. The assessment day will be held at St. George’s Park on 3rd January 2018.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy