Women's Pathway Physiotherapist Lead (3 year contract) Ref: WP17
- Role location
- Home based
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
The Football Association
Women’s Pathway Physiotherapist Lead
Win the World Cup in 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
The post-holder will lead and deliver appropriate physiotherapy service to England Women’s pathway which supports the coaching process, talent identification & provide performance advantages through optimal availability of players. They will assist in the development of FA medical policies and issues across the different levels of the game, and will deliver world leading physiotherapy and other therapy services to pathway players.
- Assist in the development of an overall pathway strategy for physiotherapy which encompasses best practice in all aspect of physiotherapy services including soft tissue and other relevant therapies
- Lead the operational delivery of physiotherapy and related services to the Women’s development pathway including RTC’s, ACC’s, Regional and national camps.
- Support the development of the physical components of the England player profile
- Support the delivery of key internal and external research projects which underpin future player development
- Contribute to the development of an overall strategy for performance medicine in the women’s pathway which encompasses best practice in all aspects of preparation & player management
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies and related educational content for all aspects of performance medicine in the women’s pathway
- Close working relationships with peers in the pathway to enable knowledge of and management of pathway players
- When required work closely with Women’s national physiotherapists and support staff to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach at all times
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of organisations and individuals outside football with whom to share and develop best practice
- Recruitment, development and retention of Physiotherapists and related services for the women’s pathway
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Supports all elements related to Safeguarding in the pathway and any administration duties as required to support the CMO in ensuring appropriate auditing is completed – in particular to minimum standards
- Assists in organisation and management of medical and physiotherapy equipment supplied and used in the pathway
- Chartered physiotherapist with HCPC registration
- Extensive experience as a lead team physiotherapist in elite sport and in managing and participating in multi-disciplinary teams
- Outstanding academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in physiotherapy & rehabilitation
- Track record of successfully integrating into established and developing coaching teams
- Excellent physiotherapy and rehabilitation delivery skills
- Excellent planning
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please follow the instructions below.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 10th December 2017. The assessment day will be held at St. George’s Park on 3rd January 2018.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy