Estates Ground Person x2 Ref: GP2
- Role location
- Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent
- Type of contract
- Full Time
The Football Association
Estates Ground Person x2
Based at St George’s Park, near Burton upon Trent
Win the World Cup in 2023 and sustain success thereafter
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
- To maintain the landscaped areas as set out by the Head Grounds Person around the site to a high standard
- To work as part of the Estates Team in the management of the site in accordance with the Biodiversity Action Plan and annual work schedules produced
- Ensure the site is kept clear of litter and presentable for visitors, clients and staff
- Ensure clear and safe pedestrian and vehicular access to the area particularly in adverse weather conditions.
- Lawn maintenance and care to include – mowing, edging, scarifying, fertilising, spraying, weeding, strimming, top dressing, re-seeding, repair work (vehicle damage etc.)
- To assist in the maintenance and development of woodlands, ancient and veteran trees, grasslands and wetland habitats across the site
- Bed and planter maintenance and creation to include – planting, weeding, pruning, forking, digging, mulching, watering, edging
- Hedge maintenance to include – weeding, cutting, gap filling, edging
- Path and kerb maintenance to include – cleaning, spraying, weeding, brushing, blowing, gritting and snow clearing
- Standard tree care – pruning, watering and feeding, weeding, relocating
- To work sensitively and cooperatively as part of the Estates Team in areas as required by law due to specific species and areas on site
- To ensure all tools and equipment are maintained and returned in good condition
- To wear the correct PPE as laid out in the Health and Safety guidelines
- To inform supervisors of any maintenance issues, damages or breakages to the site or tools
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
- Previous proven experience in a grounds role - full training can be provided
- Good understanding and safe use of ride on rotary and cylinder mowers, pedestrian mowing, hedge trimmers, blowers and strimmers - full training can be provided
- An interest and knowledge in the environment and wildlife
- Plants, tree and shrub care knowledge
- Smart, courteous, polite and approachable
- Good communicator
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety and safe working practices
- Flexible approach to working hours and tasks
- The role will involve lone working and collaborative teamwork so you must be able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Able to carry out strenuous, physical tasks and willing to work in adverse weather conditions
- PA1 and PA6 – safe use and pedestrian application of pesticides
- Level 2 or above in Countryside Management or Horticulture
- Experience of working with protected species and on environmentally sensitive areas
- Good knowledge of COSHH
- Tractor and trailer driving
- Safe use and knowledge of tractor mounted machinery
- Power tool qualifications – Chainsaw, brush cutter, strimmer, wood chipper
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to England Team success, please follow the instructions below.
Successful candidates would need to be willing to undertake background screening as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 18th December 2017.We reserve the right to close the advert for this advert earlier than stated; if you are interested in this role, we would advise that you apply as soon as possible.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy