Football Development Manager (Royal Air Force Football Association) Ref: FDM17
- Role location
- Royal Air Force Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxon
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Royal Air Force Football Association
Football Development Managet
Closing Date: 29th January 2018
The Royal Air Force Football Association (RAF FA) is seeking to recruit a Football Development Manager to promote and develop grassroots football across the entire Royal Air Force.
The position reports directly to the RAF FA Chief of Staff and is appointed by the RAF FA Board of Trustees.
To promote and develop grassroots football across the entire Royal Air Force
Training coaches, medical staff and referees
- Organise compliant training courses to sustain and grow our core volunteer workforce, including liaison with our Regional County Coach Developer and our dedicated FA County Coach Developer.
- Manage the expectations of The FA and 1st4Sport including hosting internal and external verification visits.
- Manage all required publicity campaigns to ensure maximum attendance on all courses
- Liaise with relevant FA departments to influence the future of volunteer workforce development
Core Volunteer Development
- Coach development: identify new talent for progression to the RAF Representative Teams; support progression of coaches through the required training schemes; support any required funding application to the Central fund
- Medical staff development: identify new talent for progression to the RAF Representative Teams; support progression of medical staff through the required training schemes
- Referee development: work with the Referees Development Officer as required
- Develop the RAF FA Tutor organisation
Support the Director of Football Delivery
- Organize and run the core annual Inter-Unit tournaments within the RAF FA schedule
- Support all RAF units looking to obtain, or retain, Chartered Standard Club status
Designated Safeguarding Officer
- Work within the RAF FA Safeguarding organisation to: manage the RAF FA’s Safeguarding work; support the implementation of the Safeguarding Operating Standard and partner with The FA, statutory agencies and other organisations as directed by the Board of Trustees Safeguarding Champion.
Board of Trustees member duties
- Sit on the RAF FA Board of Trustees – this role does not come with trustee status.
- Support he annual budget cycle with particular reference to income generation and the Development Sports Fund
- Manage the Football Development element of the Strategy and Business Plan
RAF FA HQ duties
- Manage, as line manager, the activities of the Football Development Administrator
- Act as the local MOSS/Sharepoint Team Site Administrator (training will be given)
- Manage the accuracy of all budgets allocated to you
Participation and development
- Develop and maintain ties with significant County FA’s to support the work of our volunteer workforce in local communities
- Pursue opportunities for greater participation in the game
- Practical experience of Sports / Football Development
- Demonstrate a working understanding and application of inclusion, equality and anti - discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Ability to work with partner organisations to deliver Football Development objectives
- Developing goal setting/strategic delivery plans
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and undertake the role as the MOSS/Sharepoint Team Site Administrator for the HQ
- Project management skills/experience
- Budget management skills/experience
- Experience of Report writing
- Clean Driving licence
- Knowledge of the structure and organisations within football both Nationally and within CFA locality
- Knowledge of partner organisations within the CFA locality
- Knowledge of funding agencies and experience of funding bids
- Sports development/other relevant qualification
- Demonstration of equality in actiony
To apply you will ideally need to have experience in sports development, and an understanding of the FAs National Game Strategy. You need to be passionate about and committed to the development of football at all levels. You must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. Candidates must be able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised.
Candidates should also have excellent interpersonal/ communication / presentation skills
You need also to have a current driving licence and you must be flexible in your approach and be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
This role would suit applicants with prior military service as you will be required to leverage heavily the internal military network that exists within football. Nonetheless, the RAF FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced FA Disclosure and Barring System (DBS) check. Furthermore, as the main RAF FA HQ is situated on RAF Brize Norton and the successful applicant must hold, or be capable of holding a Standard Security Clearance.
The job offers a competitive salary, in line with FA guidelines and a workplace pension scheme.
Applications are welcomed forthwith and the RAF FA intend to close the application process by no later than 29 January 2018 with interviews to be conducted on 5 and 6 February 2018.
For further information on the role you are welcome to contact he RAF FA HQ on 01993 895989 or 01993 895704. Applications, in the form of a CV should be directed to, RAF FA HQ For attention Chief of Staff, Royal Air Force Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxon OX18 3LX.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy