Legal Counsel - Football Regulation & Litigation Ref: LFL18
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Legal Counsel – Football Regulation & Litigation
Closing date: Monday 22nd January 2018
The FA is the governing body for football in England. We are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. This includes operating 24 England teams, the Emirates FA Cup, the Women’s Super League (WSL) and our two world-class venues, Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park. The FA is a not-for-profit organisation that is committed to increasing participation in football and ensuring that football is a game that everyone can enjoy.
Overview of the role:
The FA is looking for a junior lawyer to join the Legal Department which sits in the Legal & Governance Division. The individual will report to the Head of Legal (Football Regulation & Litigation) and the role will involve providing legal support on a full range of contentious and football regulatory issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on disputes and litigation involving The FA group.
- Protecting The FA group from risk.
- Assisting with drafting of FA rules and regulations.
- Advising on the application of FIFA and UEFA statutes and regulations.
- Providing support to the England teams regarding disciplinary and other regulatory matters;
- Administering the FA Rule K arbitration process.
- Brand protection and IP enforcement.
- Data protection advice.
What we are looking for:
- The candidate should ideally be 1 - 3 pqe, having trained at a strong City or Regional practice with good contentious experience. This is a challenging, dynamic and rewarding role. Although desirable, no prior sports sector background is required but the candidate must be willing to understand the dynamics of the football industry and have a positive attitude to resolving complex issues.
- To provide proactive legal support to The FA Group across a full range of contentious, regulatory, and other non-commercial legal issues.
What we can offer;
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Being part of a highly experienced and dedicated legal team.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
- Part time/flexible working open to discussion.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy