IT - Product Manager and Senior Developers Ref: NS18
- Role location
- St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
- Type of contract
- Full Time, Part Time, Contract / Freelance
BE A KEY PLAYER IN THE TEAM BEHIND THE NATIONAL TEAMS
Have you got the skills to be selected for a new Application Development team to underpin the success of the England national football teams?
If you have and you believe that data and process automation play a key role in the success of elite sports teams, we want to hear from you.
The FA is looking for a number of top-class players, contract or permanent to form a dedicated software development team to include a Product Manager and Senior Developers.
The new team will be part of The FA’s Technical Division, based at St. George’s Park – the national football centre near Burton-upon-Trent. You’ll be part of a wider squad of leading practitioners in coaching, sports science, medicine, performance analysts and logistics.
It will support the diverse needs of the numerous England teams who train, and sometimes play, at St. George’s Park These teams include the senior England men’s and women’s squads, as well as the 14 age-group teams from under-15.
2017 has been a hugely successful year, with the men’s under-20 and under-17 teams both winning their respective FIFA World Cups – and other England sides reaching finals and semi-finals.
Now we’re determined to push ahead and from a technology perspective have already selected the Google Cloud Development Platform and developed some small prototype solutions using a third party. In particular we have leveraged these Google Products: Drive; Appscript; AppsMaker and CloudSQL.
We require an experienced Project Leader / Product Manager or an experienced Application Developers with an ambition to make a major contribution to our National Sport. You have:
- An academic background in a technology-led engineering discipline such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Led teams to successful software delivery
- Worked within an Agile environment and written requirements
- Proven delivery across software projects and overseen successful deployment to a diverse user community
We also require Senior Developers. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in designing and building technology solutions, preferably within a Google Environment.
- Experience in software engineering with a passion to design and develop high quality solutions that meet the needs of the stakeholders
- You may specialise in developing front end solutions with good UX/UI skills or alternatively you may specialize in designing the backend data structures and services. Both are needed for this project.
These roles are varied and interesting and will cover many aspects of building a successful software solution. You must possess ability to work collaborative and communicate effectively with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation.
Applications for these roles will close at midnight on Tuesday 30th January 2018 and applicants must be available for assessment on Monday 5th February or Friday 9th February.
Your application should:
- Include a one page document of your credentials and your vision for a football coaching ‘dashboard’. Those selected for assessment will be asked to expand on their credentials, approach and dashboard vision.
- Show you have proven experience of working on projects that have similar technologies, requirements and scale.
We’re looking for world-class people to build world-beating applications which means great design, great coding and great testing. If that’s you, don’t miss this ground-breaking opportunity.
Today, 11.8million people play football in England. The FA’s exists to ensure everyone who participates has a great experience – regardless of gender, sexuality, ethnicity, ability or disability, faith or age.
The game is for anyone, anytime, anywhere. It’s For All.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy