CDM Advisor (Construction, Design & Management) Ref: CA18
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing date: 24th January 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
The post holder will work as part of the Football Association’s Health, Safety & Risk Team to undertake the role of CDM Advisor to the Client, enabling them to ensure compliance under Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking monitoring visits and site inspections / audits on behalf of the Client.
- Attending project and design meetings, raising issues as required by the project plan.
- Management of pre-construction and post-construction information, including reviewing Construction Phase Plans and associated Health & Safety documentation and Principal Designer activities.
- Overseeing F10 notifications.
- Monitor the permit to work system, to ensure that it is effective.
- Audit contractor health & safety compliance.
- Assist in the selection of suppliers and contractors.
- Conduct FM compliance audits.
- Provide advice.
- Produce accurate, succinct technical reports.
- Help drive a positive health, safety and risk culture within across the business
What we are looking for:
- Construction Industry and Facilities Management Experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar technical or professional qualification, with substantial post qualification experience
- A sound understanding of the principles of risk reduction and design process with the ability to be flexible in balancing health and safety risks with cost and programme whilst maintaining legal compliance
- A thorough knowledge of CDM regulation and associated legislation
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy