Tour Trade & Commercial Manager Ref: TTM18
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Tour Trade & Commercial Manager
Closing Date: Monday 26th February 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
- Tour Trade & Commercial Manager is responsible for growing visitor numbers delivered by trade partners from both overseas and domestic markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development of existing and new relationships and achieving the targeted visitor numbers from trade partners through:
- Developing strong and lasting relationships with key local and national tourism travel trade operators, transport providers, group organisers, online travel companies and education sector
- Significant knowledge of consumer and travel trade trends in the market, competitor activity and changes in product trends and sales channels. Proactively applies this knowledge to benefit the department and grow the tours business
- Identifies key new travel industry partners such as tourist boards and trade bodies and account manage these.
- Develops and implements an annual travel trade sales plan to be presented to senior stakeholders. Keeps stakeholders regularly updated on this plan.
- Provides regular reports and presents on Tour Trade and relevant progress against key objectives
- Manages travel trade and group bookings as necessary
- Managing appropriate trade membership payments and fees.
- Managing the trade and promotions budget, providing accurate and timely budget reports and meeting targets for revenue/profit.
- Help identify and exploit new revenue opportunities for The FA
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for:
- Extensive travel trade experience in marketing or sales with proven track record of selling to travel trade.
- Proven B2B marketing background
- Ability to create long lasting commercial relationships.
- Strong commercial focus; flexible, opportunistic and target driven.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation ability.
- Passionate about delivering the best customer service experience.
- An effective team player with a positive attitude.
- Highly motivated and passionate about trade marketing.
- Previous experience managing a budget
- Significant experience in developing and delivering against an annual travel trade sales plan
- Significant experience in reporting and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Significant experience delivering against set targets to help a department meet their objectives
- Established contacts and knowledge of sales and marketing principles within travel trade industry.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Professional marketing or sales qualification desirable.
- Experience of working with online ticketing systems
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy