Safeguarding Support Administrator (Manchester FA) (Part-Time) Ref: SSA18
- Role location
- Manchester FA
- Type of contract
- Part Time
Safeguarding Support Administrator
Closing Date: 22nd March 2018
Manchester FA is looking to recruit an efficient administrator that has a key eye for detail and can support myself as Designated Safeguarding Officer here at Manchester FA. Safeguarding is at the heart of what we do and it’s paramount within grassroots football. The role is a part-time position with contractual hours of 21 hours per week and will help Manchester FA ensure they are compliant with The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard. The successful person will be able to follow strict processes and be organised in their planning of routine tasks.
The role will report into myself but will work collaboratively with other members of our team.
Role Purpose: To provide administration support to the Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO). This role will encompass safeguarding compliance and safeguarding administration. The role will work in partnership with The FA, statutory agencies and other relevant organisations.
Safeguarding Administration & Communications
- To work in accordance with The FA Safeguarding Operating Standards and abide by the Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
- To utilise FA IT Systems to monitor and maintain safeguarding compliance across the grassroots volunteer network.
- To monitor and respond to generic safeguarding communication as received by Manchester FA.
- To ensure all safeguarding referrals are recorded in accordance with FA regulations, policies and data protection legislation
- To maintain MFA Staff and Deployed Officers qualification training matrix and ensure the requirements are in date and valid.
- To maintain a ‘Poor Practice’ register and ensure information is available to MFA team members to support a holistic approach to safeguarding.
- To produce a weekly report for the Designated Safeguarding Officer on the safeguarding related data and compliance.
- To draft and provide approved communications for Club Welfare Officers and the League Welfare Officer network.
- To oversee the administration and organisation of safeguarding validation visits to Clubs and Leagues.
- To minute and record action points from monthly Safeguarding Strategy Groups.
- To manage a diverse workload, being able to prioritise work according to risk and timeframes.
- High level of administration and organisational skills with the ability to co-ordinate delivery.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and sometimes outside traditional business hours to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility on hours and weekend working as required.
- Capacity to handle confidential data/information sensitively.
- The ability to demonstrate Manchester FA’s three core value,
- Passionate, Inspiring, Professional.
- Have attended The FA’s Safeguarding Children Workshop.
- Have attended The FA’s Welfare Officers Workshop.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding within grassroots football.
- Experience of implementing policies, protocols and guidance.
- Credible knowledge with experience of grassroots football.
- Credible knowledge with experience of grassroots clubs and leagues within Greater Manchester.
- Knowledge of the role of Welfare Officers in Clubs and Leagues.
- A working knowledge of FA systems such as; Whole Game System and CRM.
- A full clean driving licence
It’s an important and rewarding role with the incentive of being part of our Manchester FA team that is highly regarded by The FA and grassroots for leading change. To join our team and be successful you must be able to meet out three ‘core’ business values and within both your application and the whole recruitment process the panel must be convinced of your passion, inspiration and professionalism.
What can we offer?
- An exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking, progressive business.
- An exciting opportunity to work with key stakeholders within the grassroots and professional game.
- A commitment to empowered and supportive personal development.
- A Group Life Pension Scheme.
- A Group Life Assurance Scheme.
- Ability to work flexibly, both in hours and location.
The Safeguarding Support Administrator will be expected to work flexibly with the occasional evening and weekend shifts as and when the business requires. It is positively encouraged that should you be interested in applying for the role that you contact Lauren McCorry on 07824491994.
How to apply:
Applications will be accepted upon the completion of the application form contained in this recruitment pack. It is essential that applicants clearly demonstrate their ability to meet the essential knowledge, experience and skills and where possible the desirable knowledge, experience and technical skills required of the role.
Recruitment for the role will be based on both the technical ability to fulfil the role and also the following key behavioural competencies:
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Creating Solutions
- Customer Excellence & Quality
- Influential Communication
- Inspiring Others To Succeed
The interview process:
Applications will be shortlisted once application for the position closes at 12noon on Thursday 22 March 2018. Interviews will take place on Thursday 29 March 2018.
Manchester FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Manchester FA’s Equality Statement is available on request.
Criminal Records Check - As this role may involve direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check, to ensure their suitability for the role.
I wish you well on your application and would be pleased to speak with you should you have any questions about the role or require clarity on the recruitment pack. Please contact me on 07824491994 or email Lauren.McCorry@ManchesterFA.com.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy