Groundsperson Ref: Grounds-18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing date: midnight, 21st March 2018
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
The post-holder will work proactively with the Head Groundsman and other members of the Grounds team to maintain and prepare the Wembley pitch to the highest standard for all events hosted by the stadium.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintain and prepare the pitch to relevant universal playing standards for all codes of sport hosted by Wembley as agreed by bodies such as FA, UEFA, IRB, NFL and FIFA
- Maintain surface to agreed standards by adhering to pre defined maintenance programs developed in conjunction with industry consultants
- Maintain all pitch equipment in line with manufactures standards to ensure optimum operation at all times
- In conjunction with the events team work with event owners to manage all pitch related logistics (line marking, deployment of pitch protection, scheduling of rehearsals, etc.)
- Work with Pitch Contractors to reinstate pitch as dictated by the event calendar
- Deploy lighting rigs and fertiliser program as requested by Head Groundsman
- Operate all WNSL grounds machinery to maintain the pitch to the highest standard
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
Who we are looking for:
- Member of Institute of Groundsmen with relevant qualification in sports turf management
- Demonstrated experience working on international multi use sports pitches
- Excellent knowledge of pitch maintenance equipment (cylinder mowers, under soil healing sub air system, etc.)
- Display an understanding of different turf and synthetic surface including soil types and drainage
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and Excel
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promote inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy