Transport Coordinator Ref: TC18
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Closing date: midnight, 27th March 2018
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
As our operating environment continues to change across the Wembley Park Estate and the complexity of our operations and stakeholder relationship and dependence increase, we are seeking a Transport Coordinator to support the Head of Transport in the implementation and delivery of stadium transport operations. Ensuring we provide safe, secure and efficient access for all at Wembley stadium whilst minimising any disruption to local residents and businesses.
What you’ll be doing:
- To support the production of detailed and robust Transport Operating Plans for each event.
- To support and coordinate the delivery of match day transport operations.
- To support and coordinate an effective communication plan which engages with local residents.
- Manage WNSL’s taxi booking process and ensure taxi journeys are booked in line with WNSL policy.
- Manage the day to day use of WNSL pool vehicles, ensuring vehicles are compliant with the WNSL vehicle policy and driver records are maintained.
- Support the planning and delivery of the last mile operations for each event with both internal and external stakeholders
- To be responsible for the production of transport stakeholder information material including, Key Fact Sheets, Daily Run Schedules and Weekly Updates
- To assist with the development of a Journey Planning application that facilitates a coordinated and seamless service for our guests. Enabling the promotion and pre booking of transport products whilst providing real time updates
- To support the day to day management of internal and external stakeholders including working with Network Rail , Train Operating Companies, Highways Agency, blue light services, Local Authorities and the Wembley Park Estate
- To integrate the transport planning process with WNSL, Event Owners and other parties to ensure a seamless transportation operation
- Implement all WNSL policies and procedures.
- Take on additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
Who we are looking for:
- Degree level candidates, with positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Experience of managing Transport operations is required, and experience gained in an event environment is preferred
- Experience of leading teams to deliver to tight and immovable deadlines
- Project management skills and experience of creating operational solutions
- Experience of working in multi stakeholder environments
- Experience of budget control and delivering to service specifications
- Proven communication and influencing skills and ability to deliver quality written reports
- Accustomed to working with a high level of corporate and public scrutiny.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy