Integrity Investigator Ref: II-18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Based at WembleyStadium
The closing date for applications is midnight, 29th April 2018.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
- To investigate possible breaches of FA Rules and Regulations relating to the integrity of the game.
- To ensure Participants are educated in relation to matters affecting the integrity of the game.
Key responsibilities will include;
- To proactively and reactively conduct investigations into alleged breaches of FA Rules relating to areas including discrimination, financial misconduct, betting, match fixing, third party ownership, media/social media comments, safeguarding, anti-doping and breaches of FA Regulations relating to working with Intermediaries.
- To conduct investigative interviews and thorough reviews of all available evidence in relation to alleged breaches of FA Rules.
- To prepare detailed case files for prosecution.
- To ensure effective and thorough case file management for all investigations.
- To work in conjunction with other members of the Integrity Team to identify and overcome emerging threats to the integrity of the game.
- To make recommendations on how investigations strategy and practice can be enhanced and made more timely and efficient.
- To ensure that best practice is followed and further developed in relation to investigations into misconduct.
- Providing investigatory support and advice to County Football Associations, particularly in the area of discrimination.
- To input into policy development in relation to policies and procedures concerning integrity issues.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience;
- Legal experience gained working in a regulatory / investigative environment and / or law enforcement experience
- Experience of the conduct and management of in depth investigations.
- Experience of multi-jurisdictional investigations and collaborative working across agencies.
- Established investigative interviewing skills.
- Experience of case file preparation and management.
- Experience of intelligence handling and processing confidential and sensitive information.
- Significant professional investigation experience.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex information.
- Good knowledge of English football including the professional and semi-professional game and the non-league Pyramid.
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills and a keen eye for detail are essential.
- An ability to build rapport and develop relationships with individuals and stakeholders across the football spectrum
- Sound judgment and ability to gain an understanding of the reputational considerations of working for The FA.
What we can offer
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy