Women's Football Apprenticeship Programme 2018/19 (The FA & AoC Sport) Ref: WFAP-18/19
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Women’s Football Apprenticeship Programme 2018/19
Job title: Women’s Football Apprentice
Duration: 12 months
Start date: 6th August 2018
Why you should apply:
The FA and AoC Sport apprenticeship programme is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the rapid growth of women and girls’ football across England. Working as part of a national network of apprentices, you will be tasked with engaging 100 girls/women in the game who are new to football both in the college and local community. You will have the opportunity to work with local partners, such as County FA’s, professional women’s clubs and grassroots teams. Alongside your fellow Women’s Football Apprentices, you will come together over the course of the year at the home of English football – Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park – to develop yourself personally and professionally with the help of sector-leading experts organised by AoC Sport. An ambassador for the women’s game, you will learn the ropes of football development, make contacts in the world of women’s football and inspire the next generation of girls and women to play football.
What you’ll be doing:
Based in your local Further Education college, your working week will be spent managing projects, planning and delivering events such as FA Girls’ Football Week, meeting with local football stakeholders, recruiting and managing female volunteers to help deliver activity, delivering football activity to college students and primary/secondary students, all the while monitoring and evaluating your work.
At the same time, you will undertake a Level 3 qualification. This will usually manifest itself as one day a week spent learning, writing coursework and completing all necessary aspects of the qualification.
Who we are looking for:
To apply, you will need English and Mathematics to a minimum of Level 2 standard. We are also looking for you to have good organisational skills and the confidence to deliver football activity to a wide range of audiences. Most importantly, you will need to have a passion for developing the women’s game specifically and an ambition to drive success in this area.
Please refer to the individual college advert for specifics surrounding the apprenticeship qualification.
You will need to be available on 21st and 22nd August for National Training.
How you apply:
Stage 1: Application form submitted to the college. Please find the links to apply below:
- Barking & Dagenham College: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-274349
- Hartpury College: https://recruit.hartpury.ac.uk/AccessSelect.rEcruit/Recruitment/VacancyDetails.aspx?VacNo=1457
- Isle of Wight College: http://isleofwightjobs.com/job/customer_service/women_and_girls_football_apprentice__iw_college/
- Seevic College:
- Selby College:
- Nottingham College: https://college.jobs.ac.uk/job/19377/women-s-football-apprentice/
- Barnsley College: https://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=13415&d=1fuG2_nFbEe9ZmAxnfsSxczEsgOBH50HstZuBt_Ang&u=https%3a%2f%2fwww%2efindapprenticeship%2eservice%2egov%2euk%2fapprenticeship%2f-281479
- Bath College: https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/1270347?cid=1466
- Calderdale College: https://www.calderdale.ac.uk/job-vacancies/current-vacancies/
- Nelson College: http://careers.nelson.ac.uk/job/795/
- Portsmouth College: https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?t=fa+womens+football+apprentice&jk=00a6db1a6fd9516a&_ga=2.205679376.2041504041.1529319579-1069555263.1512560176
Stage 2: Interview at the college
Stage 3: Skype interview with AoC Sport and The FA
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy