Player Reporter Youth Development Phase Ref: PR-18
- Role location
- St George's Park
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Player Reporter Youth Development Phase
Based at St George’s Park, Burton upon Trent
Closing Date: Midnight 25th June 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Win the World Cup’s in 2022 & 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
Overview of the role:
To assist in the creation of comprehensive player profiles through the collection of accurate live observation data in match play and background information on players
To assist in the planning of effective live observation strategies in response to needs identified through depth charts
To assist in the provision of training for Talent Reporters to ensure high levels of quality and reliability are maintained
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the planning of an effective and highly efficient system of live match observations in the YDP which is aligned to the needs of upcoming events and positional focus identified through player reviews and depth charts
- Support the ongoing training and development of Talent Reporters across all phases to quality assure practice and ensure a highly accurate and reliable system is maintained
- Conduct live observation and where appropriate coding of player’s match performances according to the processes and standards identified by the phase lead to enable the comprehensive and robust assessment and selection of players
- Conduct video coding and analysis of player performance for targeted players when requested according to defined standards and protocols
- Contribute to the creation of comprehensive, holistic player profiles by capturing background information on identified players through appropriate discussions and information exchange with key stakeholders
- Maintain comprehensive and contemporaneous records of player observations and background information through nominated technology platforms
- Participate in regular meetings and professional development to ensure the maintenance of appropriate skills and consistency
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clubs, liaising with club-based peers to ensure a consistent exchange of key information on prospective and current players
What we are looking for:
- Extensive age appropriate knowledge of professional football
- A track record of credible and reliable match observations of elite players which have added value to the coaching and selection process
- Good basic IT skills in order to use online platforms and basic video analysis
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Technical video analysis and data presentation skills
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy