Player Research Lead Ref: PRL-18
- Role location
- St George's Park
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Player Research Lead
Based at St George’s Park, Burton upon Trent
Closing Date: Midnight 25th June 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Win the World Cup’s in 2022 & 2023 and sustain success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
Overview of the role:
Through bespoke internal and external research, create a deep understanding of the landscape of talent in professional football, the unique factors which contribute to success to enable ongoing refinement of the player identification and development process
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the creation and delivery of key research projects to identify historical player journeys which can inform future directions for talent identification, development and support
- Lead and create projects to create understanding of player potential through collaboration with multiple stakeholders across the football landscape, external agencies and NGB’s
- Define and execute projects to explore talent transfer in football
- Define and execute projects to create international benchmarks to enable the evaluation and tracking of English player talent
- Define and commission academic research activities to support the further understanding of player identification and development in international football
- Publishing (internally and when appropriate externally) communications, position statements and other materials to assist in the wider understanding of player identification and development in international football
- Support the process of defining the core characteristics and benchmarks of Winning England players at all levels
- Contribute to the design and delivery of on-camp assessment processes to enable valid, consistent assessment of all player characteristics
What we are looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience
- Significant relevant experience in conducting academic and applied research, including excellent knowledge and experience in the creation and delivery of robust research processes
- Experience of using Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods, alongside a deep understanding of the ontological and epistemological implications associated with different methodologies
- Highly credible academic and applied knowledge contemporary practice in talent identification or related fields
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good basic IT skills in order to use online platforms and basic video analysis
- Masters or doctorate in a related field of work or equivalent experience
- Experience delivering contemporary, multi-disciplinary talent or player identification programmes in professional football
- Knowledge of professional football & the demands of the modern game
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy