Sports Therapist (Bedfordshire FA) Ref: SPB-18
- Role location
- Bedfordshire FA
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Bedfordshire FA Girls
Closing Date: Monday 2nd July 2018
To deliver physiotherapy services to all players involved in the Girls’ Advanced Coaching Centre. Promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all girls within the centre. Work within the Code of Conduct and Good Practice of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- The welfare of players within the Advanced Coaching Centre
- Providing assessment, treatment and functional rehabilitation of injured players.
- Clinical decision making process (fitness of player to train or play).
- Player education (injury prevention).
- Continuing Professional Development
- Communication regarding injury status and rehabilitation of players to other medical professionals, coaching staff and parents.
- Medical records. All notes and records must be kept securely. All medical records must meet the standards set by The Society of Sports Therapists (SST)
- Confidentiality. The Sports Therapist must at all times abide by the SST’s Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
What we are looking for:
- Current BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy degree
- Membership of The Society of Sports Therapists (SST) – Insured Status
- FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) or a valid FA Emergency Aid qualification.
- An accepted FA Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure (previously known as an FA CRB Disclosure)
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
- Evidence of continuing education in sports medicine
- Previous experience in, and appropriate skills for, the delivery of sports therapy services
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of the FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway
- Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
- Previous experience of working in sport
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
Click on the link belowi to apply:
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy