Physical Performance Coach (Essex CFA) Ref: PPC-18
- Role location
- Essex FA
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Physical Performance Coach
Closing Date: Monday 30th July
Start Date: Monday 13th August 2018 – Wednesday 18th April 2019
- Design, implement and evaluate sport-specific fitness programmes for football.
- Implement a training programme that is age appropriate and supports the development of mobility and stability as well as strength and power for football.
- To support with player education (S&C exercises correct execution, exercises they can complete outside of the centre).
- Ensure the overall welfare of players within the RTC is put at the forefront of all working practice.
- Ensure comprehensive communication is undertaken in regards to injury status and rehabilitation of players to coaching staff and parents.
- Liaise with Regional and National medical staff on fitness for duty of selected players.
- Be available to attend Essex FA RTC coaches meetings throughout the season.
- Ensure any memberships with the CSCS or UKSCA are kept up to date.
- Ensure adequate insurance is obtained and kept up to date.
- To adhere to the FA Safeguarding and equality policies and procedures.
- To adhere to the FA and Essex RTC codes of conduct at all times.
Key skills and experience required: Essential
- A relevant degree in Sports Science or a Sport related discipline.
- Must have or can demonstrate evidence of working towards the FA Level 3 Physical Performance Awards, CSCS or UKSCA accreditation.
- Holds a minimum of Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (previously known as FA Emergency Aid Qualification).
- Have a good understanding of the fitness demands associated with football match-play and training.
- Have experience of design, implementation and evaluation of sport-specific fitness programmes for football.
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate (or willing to complete a FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate)
- An accepted DBS Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC)
- Willingness to work weekends (matches) and training events when required.
- Own transport is essential.
- BASES accreditation.
- Experience working/treating with female players.
- An understanding of Talent Identification.
- An appreciation of Long Term Player Development.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with young players.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of the FA girls & women’s player pathway.
- An understanding of current Regional Talent Club structures.
- Have knowledge and understanding of child development.
Anyone wishing to apply should complete the Essex FA Job Application Form as well as the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to club manager Danielle Warnes on email@example.com.
To discuss the role further please contact club manager Danielle Warnes on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy