Legal Counsel (Commercial) Ref: LC-18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Legal Counsel (Commercial)
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st August 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game. This includes operating 24 England teams, the Emirates FA Cup, the Women’s Super League (WSL) and our two world-class venues, Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park. The FA is a not-for-profit organisation that is committed to increasing participation in football and ensuring that football is a game that everyone can enjoy.
Overview of the role:
To provide legal support to The FA across a full range of commercial legal issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering practical legal advice across a full range of The FA’s commercial legal requirements.
- Drafting and negotiating key commercial contracts for The FA’s business, including key broadcasting and sponsorship contracts.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of other commercial contracts in all areas of The FA’s business, including product licensing, funding agreements, event staging and venue hire, IT contracts, competition terms and conditions and supply/services agreements.
- General commercial legal work including providing advice on intellectual property issues, brand protection, finance arrangements and data protection.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Solid academic background and robust legal training.
- From 2 to 5 years PQE working as a qualified solicitor however candidates with relevant skills sets and qualifications will be considered regardless of PQE.
- Must be able to demonstrate a breadth of commercial legal knowledge gathered in a major law firm and/or corporate organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate clear, concise and practical written and oral legal advice, which includes drafting, negotiating and interpreting a range of contracts and ancillary documents (e.g. tenders).
- Able to cope with pressurised situations and tight timeframes whilst maintaining a professional approach.
- Previous in-house experience (for example, a secondment).
- Previous experience of sports law.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating broadcasting/media rights agreements.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating sponsorship agreements.
- Experience of intellectual property law.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Being part of a highly experienced and dedicated legal team.
- Comprehensive training and career development opportunities.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy