Senior Web Developer Ref: SWD-18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Senior Web Developer
Closing Date: Friday 20th July 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
As part of the Solution Delivery team, this role assists with the management and coaching of a team of highly skilled .Net developers. The role acts as a mid-point between a .Net Developer and Team Lead, and is responsible for ensuring the developers understand the strategy behind the architecture of The FA’s applications, websites and business systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake system design tasks and take ownership of the overall design within a project.
- Responsible for the delivery of the non-functional requirements within a project.
- Working with the architect, set the development coding standards and code review process.
- Contribute to the future technical and development strategy.
- Be able to engage directly with the business stakeholders to discuss technical options and future plans
- Ensure that all code meets The FA standards and that proper process is followed, including use of source control systems
- Monitor changes to existing code base to ensure on-going supportability and robustness of software solutions.
- Aid project manager / team lead in breaking down functional requirements into explicit programming tasks and provide estimates where required
- Communicate project progress, timelines, and impact of changes clearly to project manager / team lead.
- Become familiar with all core systems in order to be able to assist or lead in the future development of such projects.
- Design and develop software solutions in a timely manner, in accordance with the guidance provided by the technical architect and senior developers. Work alongside contracted developers ensuring they produce the same.
- Diagnose bugs and offer workarounds to business
- Keep up-to-date with latest developments in technology.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for:
- Significant commercial web development experience using C# (.NET 4.5 & Core), ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL in an enterprise environment
- Experience with MVC 5 / Web API / REST
- Experience with logical data design, and in designing schemas for relational database systems
- Experience with unit testing, TDD / BDD
- Experience using Team Foundation server
- Experience with design and development of n-tier architectures
- Some Knowledge of OOP and common design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum/TDD
- IOC Frameworks: Autofac, StructureMap
- ORM Frameworks: nHibernate, Entity Framework, Dapper
- Experience of a CRM environment
- Significant experience and proven ability in developing web applications within enterprise architectures including implementing Content Management Systems.
- Must be able to break down technical projects into discrete tasks to assist in the creation of a project plan
- Technical bachelor’s degree
- Experience in building and consuming web services and related technologies such as WCF and REST
- MCPD / MCSD Qualified
- Experience developing and supporting high-volume public-facing web applications.
- Experience of a CRM environment
- Sitecore development
- Experience of working in a Sport related environment
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy