Team Strategy & Performance Medical Coordinator (FTC) Ref: TSPMC-18
- Role location
- St George's Park
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Team Strategy & Performance Medical Coordinator
Fixed Term Contract - Maternity cover
Based at St George’s Park
Win the World Cups in 2022 and 2023 and sustained success thereafter.
To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams. Over the next 3 years we are building the team at our world-class training facilities at St George’s Park in Staffordshire.
The FA is looking for a Team Strategy & Performance Medical Coordinator to work within the Technical Division at St George’s Park (SGP). Reporting to the Head of Performance Medicine this role will provide effective and consistently excellent administrative and secretarial support for the whole Medical Team at The Football Association within the Team Strategy & Performance Department. This includes the Head of Performance Medicine and the four Medical leads, as well as other permanent and consultant staff.
- Provide administrative support and complex diary management for the Head of Performance Medicine
- Book travel and accommodation for all Performance Medicine FA permanent staff and Consultants.
- Facilitate departmental meetings: booking venues, refreshments, taking and distributing minutes.
- Organise and help facilitate Performance Services training days and events.
- Coordinate The FA’s Concussion Project including providing administration for research, marketing and delivery of conferences.
- Assist with the delivery of the Injury and Illness Surveillance Study.
- Become fully conversant with the administration process, paperwork/systems used.
- Coordinate medical support staff (Consultants): administrate contracts, oversee induction process, ensure qualifications are current, CRC and Safeguarding is in place and maintain staff fixture cover, resolving any associated enquiries.
- Oversee the department’s indemnity insurance policy, ensure current staff and consultants are included on the policy.
- Oversee the departments Players Health Plan (currently Health Partners), checking invoices against medical notes and authorise as appropriate.
- Help maintain the departments Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring they are current, relevant and distributed accordingly.
- Maintain the medical Pacsmail account, provide access to appropriate staff, renew licence and top up as required.
- Carry out effective liaison with medical and administrative staff at clubs as required.
- Collate and maintain club contact database.
- Assist with the co-ordination of budgets and financial process within the department, including processing invoices and keeping a record of spend against each cost code and liaising regularly with the departmental finance partner
- Coordinate and administrate the ImPACT system, organising training and providing support to the medical team.
- Ensure there is a quick and efficient response to medically related enquiries, both from within, and without, The FA Group. Refer any urgent issues to the Head of Performance Medicine.
- Organise and maintain accurate medical records, both written and digital.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- A good understanding and experience of dealing with confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and confidence to liaise with numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisive decisions independently
- Strong attention to detail essential, alongside the ability to multi-task and handle/prioritise a busy work schedule
- Flexible approach to working hours where required
- Experience of working with budget systems and procedures
- Excellent IT skills, high level of experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a medical administrative or sports medicine administrative role would be desirable, although not essential
This is a fixed term role to cover maternity leave for a period of up to 12 months starting mid September 2018 and is based at St George’s Park, Burton upon Trent.
Please note that the deadline to apply is midnight 22nd July 2018
Interviews will take place the week commencing 13th August 2018.
To apply for the role please follow the link below.
A competitive salary and attractive benefits are on offer for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy