Girls and Women's' Competition Apprentice Ref: GWCA-18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Girls and Women’s’ Competition Apprentice
Based at Wembley Stadium.
Closing date: Sunday, 5th August 2018 - please note that early closure may occur depending on the applications received.
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We are passionate about making football accessible ‘For All’, made possible by talented people across a variety of business areas.
We have big ambitions. Ensuring The Emirates FA Cup, which provides fans across the country with memories that will last a lifetime, remains the world’s premier cup competition; that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be two world-class venues we are proud to call home, and achieving success with each of our 24 national sides are all among our objectives.
Why you should apply:
We see our apprenticeship programme as a gateway into a career at The FA, and moreover, an opportunity to gain experience in a real job within a multifaceted organisation. From day one, you will be involved in a range of projects which are vital to the development and success of English football; you will quickly learn how our business works and gain skills that will both kick start your career, and help you to achieve your ambitions in years to come. Your professional and personal development is important to us, and we are committed to supporting your on-the-job training alongside your formal qualifications. If you are looking for a challenging apprenticeship within a progressive, motivating and supportive environment, the Football Association is the place for you. This will be an 18 month opportunity commencing in Autumn 2018 and as part of your role, you will study towards a Level 4 Business Administration Diploma (equivalent to a Foundation Degree).
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing administrative support to the Women’s Leagues and Competitions Department & Women’s Pyramid of Football including liaising with Regional & County Leagues, Joint Liaison Committees and County FAs to request and collate information including promotion pool applications and Club change of name requests
- Providing administrative support to the FA WNL Reserve Section competition including, fixture scheduling, results, team sheets and stats.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of internal, league and committee meetings and events including room bookings, invitations, preparing agenda packs and minute taking
- Co-ordinating The FA WSL & FA WC Club Partnership Funding grant distributions including raising of purchase orders, tracking of invoice and payments
- Co-ordinating the collation of information from FA WSL & FA WC Clubs including Financial Fair Play reporting and external verification audits
- Assisting the League Officers with the organisation and delivery of various FA WSL, FA WC and FA WPL Cup Finals
Who we are looking for:
While you will need at least three A-Levels (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, we are looking for you to have standout interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills, with a level of drive and motivation that sets you apart from others. Our values are extremely important to us, and we expect you to be an ambassador of these. You may be surprised to know that being a football fan is not a prerequisite of working for the FA. What’s more important is your passion, interest and commitment to the varied work that we do, and the objectives that we are aiming to achieve.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy