HR Apprentice Ref: HRA-18
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
Human Resources Apprentice
Based at Wembley Stadium.
Closing date: midnight, Sunday 5th August - please note that early closure may apply subject to applications received.
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We are passionate about making football accessible ‘For All’, made possible by talented people across a variety of business areas.
We have big ambitions. Ensuring The Emirates FA Cup, which provides fans across the country with memories that will last a lifetime, remains the world’s premier cup competition; that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be two world-class venues we are proud to call home, and achieving success with each of our 24 national sides are all among our objectives.
Why you should apply:
We see our apprenticeship programme as a gateway into a career at The FA, and moreover, an opportunity to gain experience in a real job within a multifaceted organisation. From day one, you will be involved in a range of projects which are vital to the development and success of English football; you will quickly learn how our business works and gain skills that will both kick start your career, and help you to achieve your ambitions in years to come. Your professional and personal development is important to us, and we are committed to supporting your on-the-job training alongside your formal qualifications. If you are looking for a challenging apprenticeship within a progressive, motivating and supportive environment, the Football Association is the place for you.
What you’ll be doing:
As the HR Apprentice you will assist the team with day to day administrative duties to ensure an efficient, professional service for internal and external stake holders of The FA. Including – Employees, Candidates, Divisions and external parties. You will be involved in:
- General administration across the HR team including scanning of confidential documents, filing, raising purchase orders and dealing with general queries via the telephone and email
- Recruitment administration including; booking rooms and refreshments for interviews and assessment centres, using our applicant tracking system to invite candidates to interviews, assisting with shortlisting of candidate applications against a set criteria
- Assisting with HR processes including; starter and leaver process, and writing references for employees
- Training administration including the sending of invites, collating feedback responses, booking rooms etc.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the FA Careers social media accounts, including: Twitter, LinkedIn & the careers website
- Providing support in the planning and running of employee engagement events
What you’ll gain:
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, hardworking entry level apprentice to join The FA and forge a career in HR. From day one the apprentice will undertake meaningful, value adding work which will assist the whole HR team and give the apprentice an overview of the entire HR division. This will be an 18 month opportunity commencing in Autumn 2018; in line with your role you will study towards a Level 4 Business Administration Diploma (equivalent to a Foundation Degree).
Who we are looking for:
While you will need at least three A-Levels (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, we are looking for you to have standout interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills, with a level of drive and motivation that sets you apart from others. Our values are extremely important to us, and we expect you to be an ambassador of these. You may be surprised to know that being a football fan is not a prerequisite of working for the FA. What’s more important is your passion, interest and commitment to the varied work that we do, and the objectives that we are aiming to achieve.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy