Consultant Posts: Physical Performance Coach (FA Girls\' England Talent Pathway) Ref: CPPC-18
- Role location
- Type of contract
- Contract / Freelance
The Football Association
Consultant Posts: Physical Performance Coach (FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway)
Roles are Regionally Based
To establish a world leading, sustainable female player development programme supported by an elite workforce, to create world class players and teams to compete and win on the global stage.
The FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway has been put in place to support the identification and development of those with elite potential, and to ensure that appropriate playing opportunities are in place to enable players to fulfil their developmental needs and reach our ultimate goal in producing elite English female players to compete on the world stage.
Physical Performance Coach (for the FA Girls’ Regional Development Programmes or National Performance Camps)
Overview of the role:
The primary objective of this role is to lead the physical preparation of players on FA Regional Development Programmes and/or National Performance Camps, delivering a world class service to youth female footballers. These roles will assist in the international player pathway by supporting the long-term development of the athletes.
The FA Talent Pathway consists of a National Performance Programme and a Regional Development Programme, both working with elite female footballers aged Under-14 to Under-17. The Regional Development Programme includes two three-day camps in the north and south of England (December and February) as well as regional Hub Days – single day events held across nine different regions in England (four Hub days per region, per season – see dates below). Physiotherapists will be appointed to each region to lead on hub day delivery. The National Performance Programme consists of three-day camps based in the Midlands region and will take place eight times over the 2018-19 season.
- Excellent Physical Performance delivery on Regional Development Programmes (RDPs) or National Performance Camps (NPCs)
- Pre-camp communication with the Lead Technical Coach and Lead Talent Pathway Physical Performance Coach to ensure the appropriate planning of sessions from a Talent Team development perspective and individual player capacity.
- Following the FA Talent Pathway Long Term Player Development strategy, improve the physical development of players attending the RDPs.
- Develop strong working relationships with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team, especially the lead Technical Coach and Physiotherapist.
- In collaboration with the Physiotherapist complete appropriate screening, complete relevant templates and feedback to players and key staff.
- In collaboration with the Physiotherapist complete daily monitoring procedures on camp and feedback to the technical staff accordingly.
- Where required, deliver appropriate education to players/parents on aspects of physical development.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete accurate and timely (within 24 hours) post-camp feedback (where appropriate).
- Attend CPD and staff training events where appropriate
- To be involved in the review, development and co-ordination of the RDPs or NPCs to ensure the continued success and sustainability of all future events
- Provide support to Talent Team Lead Physical Performance Coach on scoping for future vision and planning
- BSc in related field (i.e. Sports Science or Strength and Conditioning)
- UKSCA Accredited or working towards obtaining within 6 months
- FA approved Emergency first aid
- Excellent delivery skills
- Knowledge of current issues that impact upon the development of elite young athletes/players
- Excellent communication, presentation and IT skills
- A clear understanding of child safeguarding and practical experience & application in an education/football or residential environment
- Very good written and oral communication
- Very good relationship builder
- Experience as a Physical Performance Coach within the FA Girls’ England Talent Pathway
- Evidence of CPD in Physical Performance / Sports Science / Strength and Conditioning
- Obtained or working towards a Masters degree
- UK Anti-Doping Advisory Certificate
- Proven ability or experience working with younger athletes
Please email GirlsTalent@thefa.com with any queries about the above roles.
To apply please send your CV (no more than two pages) with two references and a covering letter of no more than one page stating why you are applying for this role and how your skills meet the job requirements to GirlsTalent@thefa.com.
The deadline for applications is MIDNIGHT ON MONDAY 30th JULY.
Please note interviews will take place initially by a telephone interview w/c Monday 6th August.
In your covering letter please confirm which FA Regional Development Programme you would like to be considered for based on geography, and if you also want to be considered for the North/South Regional Development Camps or National Performance Camps.
Regional Development Programme Dates and Locations:
- North East - Northumbria: 25th November; 27th January; 24th March; 12th May
- South West – Bristol: 25th November; 27th January; 17th March; 19th May
- South West – Yeovil: 18th November; 20th January; 24th March; 12th May
- Midlands - Birmingham: 25th November; 20th January; 24th March; 19th May
- Midlands - Nottingham: 18th November; 20th January; 17th March; 12th; 19th May
- London - Surrey: 18th November; 27th January; 24th March; 19th May
- London - Bisham: 25th November; 20th January; 17th March; 12th May
- East - Ipswich: 25th November; 27th January; 24th March; 19th May
- North West - Manchester: 18th November; 20th January; 17th March; 12th May
Please note if successful in being offered one of the regional posts, as well as being available for the above dates you will be required to attend an induction day in September/October.
The Football Association Group promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
What We Do
The FA Group doesn't just govern and develop the game. We are also committed to improving our reputation for innovation and excellence by using the power of football to build a better future.What We Do
Search for a vacancy at The FA Group.Search for a Vacancy