Stadium Store Assistant Manager
- Role location
- Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract
- Full Time
Stadium Store Assistant Manager
Closing date: midnight, 21st February 2017
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
- Supporting the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will ensure the stadium store operation is managed effectively on a day to day basis. They will be responsible for delivering retail operations, maximising sales, and effectively distributing staff across all the allocated retail areas, ensuring high service levels and merchandising standards at all times.
- With the aim of increasing sales, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for planning a commercial store layout.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure sale targets are achieved by fully maximizing all opportunities
- To ensure event programme sales are maximized in all retail areas and sales targets achieved
- Assist Store Manager with the staff training to ensure the team are fully equipped to meet visitor expectations
- To ensure the store is visually merchandised to the highest standards
- Opening and closing the store
- Daily briefings to keep all members of the team aware of activity in the store and the wider business in the absence of the Store Manager
- Ensure the retail team are able to provide effective after sales service to ensure loyalty and satisfaction
- Monitor all H&S policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors
- Build working relationships with buying/stock control/tours/operations/ internal & external stakeholders and service providers
- Ensure sales floor stock densities and replenishment systems are at optimum level and operational efficiency
- Lead on security issues for the retail team and encourage minimal shrinkage through efficient handling of product and packaging
- Assist Store Manager with cash management and reconciliation process ensuring cash collections are completed by cash in transit provider.
- Assisting with stock counts/stock take and daily banking in absence of Store Manager
- Manage the retail hardware and request support from helpdesk with till issues
- Ensure effective and accurate inventory control in store
- Ensure the photography operation runs efficiently on a daily basis around tours, upselling the product
- To manage/prep event stock in and out of the business
- Additional administration tasks when covering for the Store Manager
What we are looking for:
- Flexibility with working hours – please note that the post holder would be expected to work unsociable hours.
- A depth of retail store management experience from department stores, chain stores or fashion/sports retailers.
- A rounded management style and work with a variety of stakeholders and is able to spot commercial opportunity and react to the customer’s needs.
- Comfortable managing a fast paced environment and able to lead and motivate the team.
- The ability to manage and provide cover when the Store Manager is absent and to assist with cover from the retail team in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter